Year / Release Date : 1st April 2021
Version : 16.1.1 Build : 17801498
Developer : VMware, Inc
Developer site : www.vmware.com
Bit depth : 32bit, 64bit
Interface language : English
Tabletka : present
System Requirements :
Standard x64 compatible personal computer.
CPU 1.3GHz or faster.
Intel processor with VT-x support
AMD processor supporting long mode segment limiting
• Windows 10 is recommended.
• Windows Server 2019 is recommended.
• Windows Server 2016
Windows 7 is no longer supported
Description : VMware Workstation is a popular program for creating multiple virtual computers on one system. Designed primarily for programmers and system administrators who need to test applications that run in a variety of environments. VMware’s proprietary MultipleWorlds technology makes it possible to isolate operating systems and applications within the created virtual machines. In this case, each virtual machine has a standard computer with its own processor and memory at its disposal.
Extra information :
Key features :
• Simultaneous launch of several guest operating systems on one computer
• Launching a virtual machine in the desktop windows of the main operating system and in full screen
• Installing virtual machines without repartitioning disks
• Launch of the OS already installed on the computer without reinstalling or re-configuring
• Run Windows applications on a Linux computer and vice versa
• Creation and testing of applications simultaneously for different systems
• Run untested applications without the risk of disrupting the stability of the system or losing critical data
• Sharing files and applications between different virtual machines through the use of a virtual network
• Run client-server and web applications on one PC
• Launching several virtual computers on one PC and simulating the operation of a local network
Key features of VMware Workstation Pro and Player :
• Full support for Windows 10 including automated installation, optimizations for easier control of the new interface (FuentUI), support for multiple touches (multitouch) when launched on tablets.
• Optimization of the graphics subsystem including a more powerful video driver with more capabilities, a new 3D driver for Windows 10 with the ability to work without hardware acceleration, an improved driver for Windows 10, faster and better rendering in graphics applications (AutoCAD, SolidWorks and others).
• Built-in support for OpenGL in Linux-clients, DirectX 11 Windows, without the need for additional installation of VMware Tools, with faster and better rendering.
• Password protection to restrict access to virtual machine settings, performance parameters, file transfer functions, the ability to connect external devices and drives, etc.
• WSX Test Service – a prototype next-generation HTML5-based web interface for accessing virtual machines from a browser without installing any components. It is recommended to use the browsers Google Chrome, Edge on Windows.
• Downloading virtual machines from the cloud VMware vSphere system to the local computer.
• Support for USB 3.0 on operating systems with appropriate drivers (Windows 10 and some Linux variants).
• Improved implementation of Nested Virtualization using Intel VT-x / EPT and AMD-V / RVI extensions, which among other things results in less resource-intensive 64-bit clients.
• Improved support for the Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor – the ability to install Windows 10 with the activation of the corresponding function or install the Hyper-V server.
• Support for virtual performance analysis tools, which makes it possible to run applications like Intel VTune Performance Analyzer.
• Significant improvements for remote connection to virtual machines via VNC clients.
• New tools to quickly free up disk space by optimizing virtual machine files.
• Redesigned tabs to quickly switch between virtual machines.
• Buttons for quickly enabling / disabling virtual machines in the tab headers.
• Automatic saving of search results for quick return to them in the future.
What’s new :
Support for new guest operating systems :
• Windows 10 21H2
• Ubuntu 20.10
• Fedora 33
• RHEL 8.3
This release of VMware Workstation Pro and Player has implemented the security enhancements related to the VMNet driver as suggested by the BoBThru driver.