Intro to Octane for Blender
More info and samples here
Tired of rendering with Cycles and Eevee in Blender? Give Octane a try! This tutorial is an introduction to the Octane plugin for Blender 2.83 and how I use it in a Concept Design workflow. Did I mention the plugin is free?!?!?
What topics are covered?
– Basic overview and first steps with Octane for Blender
– Translating the most common Cycles/Eevee shaders into Octane
– World and Render settings
– Imager and Post Processing effects
Who is it for?
Designers/Artists/Creatives who are interested in new ways to create.
What will I get?
– 2 hour video tutorial with narration
– 3D scene in BLEND format (purchased character and other models as well as textures can’t be included due to licensing restrictions) – make sure to use the Octane plugin version when opening this file!
– PSD file
What do I need to have before I start?
– Blender 2.83 Octane Edition
– Octane Server Prime/Studio/Enterprise
– knowledge of Blender
– experience with digital image making workflows
– Adobe Photoshop or equivalent
Who made this?
My name is Jan Urschel and I’m a professional concept designer and creative director working in the film and video game industry working on projects such as Captain Marvel, Ghost in the Shell, Rogue One and many more.