Year of issue : 2021
Manufacturer : Udemy
Manufacturer website : https://www.udemy.com/course/zbrush-blender-substance-painter-full-3d-character-course/
Author : Nikolay Naydenov
Duration : 20:03:34
Distribution Type : Video Tutorial
Language : English
Описание : So you wanna make 3d characters for games?
But you don’t know the workflow?
Or you don’t know the programs?
Don’t worry, Zbrush-Blender-Substance Painter full 3d game character for Absolute beginners course gets you covered. I am also here for you.
My name is Niko and I am a 3D character artist and teacher. I started working in the game industry 14 years ago and after numerous games and characters, I now teach at ARC academy for game art, make online courses and you probably have stumbled upon my YouTube channel – Speedchar.
In this course we will learn Zbrush, Blender and Substance Painter from scratch. You will learn how to make characters like this one from the high poly, through retopology and UVs ( all in Zbrush) fix your mesh and prepare it for baking in Blender and then bake and make textures in Substance Painter.
As a bonus we will make a pose and render both the high and the low poly to make a better presentation.
First we will start with basics of Zbrush. We will then learn how to sculpt by making a female head. After that we will bring the most used brushes on the main Ui, to have easier access to them and at least double our speed. Following will be bringing our concept into Zbrush and start sculpting it from sphere. We will have a detailed look into all sculpting methods and techniques, required for making this character. After we colorize and refine it, we will pose our superhero in Zbrush, make render passes and combine them in Photoshop for portfolio render.
Then we will take the t-posed version and start retopologizing it by hand in Zbrush. I will tell you all you need to know about how and why I do my retopology in Zbrush. After we are done with retopology we will unwrap the character again in Zbrush.
And at last it will be time to bring it into Blender. I will get you familiar with Blender interface and the features to get you started. Then we will quickly fix some problems on our mesh and resize and arrange our Uvs inside Blendet to fully prepare captain Fenex for texturing.
Then we will export our hero from Blender, open Substance Painter and get familiar with its interface and features. After that we will import out model there, bake all necessary maps and start making our materials. We will experiment and even have a little bit of fun with the materials, maybe. When we finish with the fun, we will concentrate on exporting the textures out of Substance Painter.
And then will come the bonus and experiment section of the course. We will put the textures in Blender to see our model there in it’s full glory. Then i will show you how to get a ready skeleton for your meshes from vintage Blender, adjust it to our model and attach our model to the bones of the skeleton. After that we will move and pose the model witht he help of the bones. When we are ready with the pose i will teach you how to render in Blender and even make a turntable animation for better presentation.
At the end we will spend 30 minutes to talk about Artstation, portfolio and successful presentation with examples and some practical advices.
Since this is Absolute beginners course, no previous knowledge of Zbrush, Blender or Substance Painter is required. I just always recommend with my courses that you practice and do the things i do, in order to get the best possible learning experience. So lets open Zbrush and dive in to the world of 3D characters.
2. Starting with Zbrush.mp4
3. Start sculpting a female head.mp4
4. Start sculpting a female head Pt2.mp4
5. Refining, adding eyeballs and color.mp4
6. Customizing Zbrush for much faster workflow.mp4
7. Opening our concept in Zbrush and starting the model.mp4
8. Adding eyebrows, nose tip and refining the head.mp4
9. Making the eye mask, Zemesh, Zmodeler.mp4
10. Refining the mask, making the body and starting the arms.mp4
11. Adding fingers and legs.mp4
12. Merging the body, polypaint test, making the tail.mp4
13. Making the gloves and boots.mp4
14. Feedback from Franck, head and tail polish.mp4
15. Recap of what we have learned so far and refining the tail.mp4
16. Polishing the tail and body.mp4
17. Making lower subdivisions, and finishing the high poly.mp4
18. Posing the character.mp4
19. Posing the cape.mp4
20. Making render passes from Zbrush and posing the tail.mp4
21. Combining the render passes in Photoshop for a nice render.mp4
22. How to start retopology in Zbrush.mp4
23. Finishing the head retopology.mp4
24. Retopology of the hands.mp4
25. Retopology of the torso.mp4
26. Retopology of the legs and tail.mp4
27. Retopology of the cape and eyes.mp4
28. Finishing the retopology.mp4
29. Making the UVs and exporting obj-s for Blender.mp4
30. Getting started with Blender.mp4
31. Adjusting the UVs and exporting obj from Blender to Substance Painter.mp4
32. Getting started with Substance Painter.mp4
33. Assembling the character and how to make materials in Substance painter.mp4
34. Experimenting with materials in Substance Painter.mp4
35. Exporting textures from SP and assign them in Blender.mp4
36. Rigging Captain Fenex in Blender.mp4
37. Struggling with the rig and making a pose.mp4
38. Rendering in Blender.mp4
39. Making a turntable animation and render a movie in Blender.mp4
40. Artstation, portfolio and how to get exposure.mp4