C4DtoA 4.4.0 uses Arnold 220.127.116.11 and is a feature release bringing support for OCIO color management in Cinema 4D 2023, improvements to OSL meta data support and a number of bug fixes. Support for Cinema 4D R21 and R23 is dropped.
Cinema 4D S24, R25 and S26 related issues in the legacy Arnold Shader Network Editor:
– Drag & drop nodes to the node editor does not work as expected:
— Drag & drop an Arnold Material to create a reference. A Cinema 4D Object Operator node is created instead of an Arnold Material reference node.
— Drag & drop an object to create an object reference. A Cinema 4D Object Operator node is created instead of an Arnold object node.
— Drag & drop a Vertex Map to create a Vertex Map shader. A Cinema 4D Object Operator node is created instead of an Arnold Vertex Map shader.
– Ctrl + drag a shader in the node editor in S24 creates two copies instead of one. shift + drag and Shift + Alt + drag does not work.
– Cinema 4D 2023 support: Builds for Cinema 4D 2023.0.0 are now available. (C4DTOA-2762)
– Native OCIO color management support in Cinema 4D 2023: A new option is added to the render settings to use the native color management settings from the Project Settings. (C4DTOA-2705)
— Known limitations when using the native OCIO color management:
View transform has to be baked into the output when saving to an 8-bit image format (e.g. jpeg, png).
Picture Viewer does not display the proper view transform when not baked in.
Material previews are ignoring the selected Thumbnail color space and always displayed in sRGB.
– Meta data in OSL shaders: Meta data of shaders and parameters defined in the OSL code (e.g. label, widget, units, slidermin/max, etc.) are now supported by the plugin. See the list of available meta data entries in the documentation. (C4DTOA-2373)
– Renamed plugin specific meta data: The prefix of plugin specific meta data entries have been changed from c4d. to c4d_. For instance c4d_menu instead of c4d.menu. The old names are still accepted but deprecated and will be removed in a future version. (C4DTOA-2796)
– Changed default behavior of Arnold tag assigned to a Subdivision Surface object: Adding an Arnold tag to a Subdivision Surface object now does not change the render and does not export the subdivided geometry by default. You have to enable the Export Subdivided Geometry checkbox after adding the tag. (C4DTOA-2781)
C4DTOA-2808 – Crash with Imagers if we accidentally enter “\” in the Selection AOVs expression tab
C4DTOA-2809 – Selecting Procedural as a node type in any operator while the IPR is active freezes C4D
C4DTOA-2812 – Polygon selections with no materials are not exported
C4DTOA-2815 – IPR randomly stops updating after moving the camera from the IPR window
C4DTOA-2816 – Frame range calculation does not work if relative path is defined in the image shader
C4DTOA-2817 – Unable to connect to c4d_texture_tag_rgba(color) warning when stacking materials