Instagram Reels download: How to download Instagram videos was covered extensively by us in our separate post. Here we take a look at how to download Instagram Reels video on mobile phone and laptop for offline view in this article. Reels, as you may know, is the latest feature from Instagram that allows users to make TikTok-like short videos with dubbed dialogues and songs. Instagram Reels video, much like regular videos and photos, can only be watched online. However, there are ways through which you can watch Reels videos offline. If you have ever tried to download Reels from Instagram on a PC or Mac, you know that it’s not easy. You can’t do it directly from the Instagram app or website, so how can you make it work? Let’s take a look
Table of Contents
- How to save Instagram Reels video
- Instagram Reels download
- How to download Instagram Reels videos online
- How to download Instagram Reels videos on Android mobile phone
- How to download Instagram Reels videos on iPhone
- How to download Instagram Reels videos online using Google Chrome extension
- Can you download Instagram Reels video from private account?
- How to share Instagram Reels video on Facebook
How to save Instagram Reels video
You don’t need a third-party app to save Instagram Reels video for later. This can be done via the official Instagram app.
- Open the Reels video, tap on the three-dot icon, and hit ‘Save’.
- Now, go to Instagram home screen –> tap your Profile icon –> then the hamburger icon –> Settings –> Account –> Saved, to access the saved Instagram Reels.
This will still consume data and can only be accessed via Instagram app. Follow the steps below to download Reels from Instagram and save them locally on your device.
Instagram Reels download
How to download Instagram Reels videos online
You can use web tools to download Instagram Reels video online on your choice of device, including Android mobile phones, iPhone, Windows PC/ laptop, and Mac. Ingrammer.com is among the nicest web tools out there. It works across web browsers that support downloads.
- Head over to Instagram Reels page, tap on the ‘three-dot icon’ and select ‘Copy Link’
- Alternatively, you can visit a user’s profile –> navigate to new Reels tab, which you’ll notice sits next to the IGTV tab –> select the Reels video that you’d like to download –> open it and then tap on the three-dot icon to copy the link
- Now, open your browser and visit Ingrammer.com. Look for ‘Tools’ and ‘Select Instagram downloader’
- Paste the Instagram Reels link in the box and hit the ‘Search’ button
- Scroll down a little to see the results
- Hit the ‘Download’ button below the video to save Reels video on your device. You can also play and check whether it’s the right video from the web page before downloading.
To access the Reels video head over to the ‘Downloads’ folder of your device.