Blender is lack of native FBX support, when we import some older and newer FBX files, it often fails.
So I made a better FBX importer and exporter with official FBX SDK from scratch.
The add-on is compatible with all FBX versions, from ASCII to binary, from FBX 5.3 to FBX 2020.
I have tested the importer and exporter with about one hundred commercial FBX files which made by 3d digital artists in 3ds Max, Maya or Cinema 4D, the add-on can import and export these FBX files successfully.
The exported FBX and DAE files have been verified in Unity Engine 2019, Unreal Engine 4 and Godot Engine v3.2 with no issues.
– Supports Blender v2.79 – v2.93.
– Supports Blender Renderer, Cycles Renderer, and Eevee Renderer.
– Supports N-Gons (Polygons consisting of more than 4 vertices).
– Supports importing FBX, DAE, OBJ, DXF and 3DS files.
– Supports exporting FBX, DAE, OBJ and DXF files.
– Supports exporting FBX smoothing groups.
– Supports automatic bone orientation.
– Supports armature deform animation.
– Supports exporting non-linear animation.
– Supports shape key animation.
– Supports multiple material sets.
– Supports multiple UV sets.
– Supports multiple vertex color sets.
– Supports meshes attach to bones.
– Supports mesh instances.
– Supports generic node transform animation.
– Supports dummy nodes.
– Supports camera.
– Supports lights.
– Supports custom properties.
– Supports importing vertex animation of Maya format(.mc/.mcx) and 3ds Max format(.pc2).
– Supports exporting vertex animation of Maya format(.mcx) and 3ds Max format(.pc2).
– Compatible with all FBX versions.
– Supports exporting from any generic rigging system.
– Supports exporting retarget-able human armature from Rigify Auto-Rigging System.
– Supports importing Blender friendly armature and 3d models.
– Supports exporting game engine friendly armature and 3d models.
– Supports Unity Engine 2019, Unreal Engine 4 and Godot Engine v3.2.
– Supports Windows, Linux and macOS.
Release version 4.1.7
– Add ‘Import Materials’ option.
– Add ‘Rename By Filename’ option.