Year of issue : 2021
Version : 11.1
Developer : Adobe Inc.
Architecture : ARM, x86 (64-bit)
Interface language : Russian + English
Tablet : present (file replacement)
Distribution time : before the appearance of the first 3-5 downloaders
System requirements : macOS 10.15 and later
Description : Adobe Lightroom is an indispensable program when working with digital photos. With Lightroom, you can quickly import, process, manage, and showcase your images. Improved correction tools, the ability to customize print settings and powerful organizing functions significantly speed up the work process.
Lightroom organizes photos into “collections,” virtual collections of files that it can quickly search through. It stores information about keywords, previews and metadata not in each graphic file, but in a centralized database (SQLite engine). The size of the program is significantly smaller than that of Bridge, it starts faster and takes up less RAM. In general, Lightroom is designed exclusively for photographers who are interested in processing and cataloging photos, and not integrating everything and everything. Another feature of the Lightroom package is the division of the process of working with images into separate stages. Each of them has its own functional module with a corresponding set of tools and settings palettes.
The functionality of the Lightroom package includes not only a RAW converter and image processing tools, but also a powerful photo cataloging system, as well as tools for creating slideshows and web pages. Like many modern RAW converters, Lightroom uses the principle of non-destructive editing. This means that information about all operations and settings performed by the user is recorded in a service file, while the original image is saved unchanged. This approach allows not only to minimize the probability of irretrievable loss of the originals of processed images, but also makes it possible to create and print many different versions of the same image without the need to save the corresponding number of full-fledged graphic files that quickly eat up free space on the hard disk. Upon completion of work on the image, the user can save its processed version as a separate graphic file.
The program has five modules:
- Downloading, cataloging and searching for photos (Library)
- Correction of color and tonal parameters of images (Develop)
- Creating a Slideshow
- Create Web Pages to Publish Image Collections to the Internet (Web)
Key Features of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom:
- An intuitive environment with tools designed specifically for photographers.
- Organize, rate images, and add copyright.
- Create image presets.
- Integration with Photoshop.
- Adjust settings for multiple images with one click.
- Cross-platform – support for 64-bit architecture, Mac OS and Windows platforms.
- Support for DSLR video files – Interoperability with most digital SLR cameras makes it easy to control and organize still photos and videos.
- Adding watermarks – embedding a logo (text or graphic watermarks) into the image, adjusting the size, position and transparency.
- Quick Image Import – The import interface is easy to navigate, with clear visual indicators of where and how photos will be placed after import.
- Perspective correction – the ability to non-destructively correct the perspective of the picture.
- Flexible print settings. The tools let you drag and drop a single image or multiple images onto a page and then reposition and resize them.
- Lens correction – correction of lens defects such as geometry distortion, chromatic aberration, vignetting, etc.
- Web Upload – Ability to upload images to Facebook, SmugMug and Flickr. When comments are added to pictures, these messages are instantly displayed in the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom library next to the corresponding photos.
- Creation of a slideshow with musical accompaniment. Ready-made slide shows are easy to share using export (including in high resolution).
- Photographing in conjunction with a computer – instant import and display of photos after capturing a picture with a camera.
- Film grain simulation. The tools allow you to easily control the amount of grain that can be applied to an image to simulate the look of film.