Year of issue : 2019
Manufacturer : Specialist
Manufacturer’s website : www.specialist.ru/course/unreal
Author : Epov Dmitry Andreevich
Duration : 17 hours 40 minutes
Distribution Type : Video Tutorial
Language : Russian
Description : Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
navigate the Unreal Engine interface;
transfer objects and scenes from 3ds max with materials, lighting and animation to Unreal Engine;
manage objects in Unreal Engine;
create various objects in the Unreal Engine;
work with libraries of Unreal Engine objects;
create and edit materials in the Unreal Engine;
set your own lighting and edit transferred from 3ds max;
adjust the movement of the camera from the first person and along a predetermined path;
set up movement in virtual reality;
display the final product in the form of a series of images or a video;
display the final product as an interactive project with or without VR support
- Epic Games launcher interface. Launching the Unreal Engine and accessing libraries.
- Creation of a project in Unreal Engine based on a project template.
- Exploring the Unreal Engine interface.
- Creation of standard objects and operations with them.
- Assigning materials to objects.
- Adding light sources.
- Adding library models.
- Calculation of global illumination.
Module 2. Setting up light and materials.
- Transferring objects from 3ds max to Unreal Engine either one by one or the entire scene at the same time.
- Editing materials and lighting, ported to the Unreal Engine project.
- Changing the parameters of shooting cameras and exposure.
- Installation of additional lighting and adding lighting effects.
- Setting the rendering of global illumination.
- Creation of your own materials in the Unreal Engine.
- Management of the main components of materials.
- The concept of Instance-materials, optimization of copying and editing of materials.
Module 3. Video output and first-person control. Creation of an interactive project.
- Explore the Sequencer tool.
- Output of a series of still images.
- Video output.
- Configuring parameters in the first-person movement mode.
- Setting up collisions with objects.
- The concept of simple and complex collisions.
- Output of an interactive project as an executable file for MS Windows.
Module 4. Virtual reality tools.
- Study of the capabilities of modern VR tools.
- Connecting a VR headset to a PC.
- Setting up movement in VR mode: normal movement and teleportation.
- Project output in virtual reality mode.
Module 5. Programming simple interactive interactions.
- Learning the basics of the visual programming language Blueprints.
- Methods for accessing the state of objects and light sources.
- Methods for tracking user actions.
- Creation of scripts to change lighting and materials.
- Creation of scripts affecting the behavior of objects.
- Output of an interactive project with the ability of the user to influence objects and lighting.