Check out more renders of this weapon here
In this tutorial I will cover full process of creating a game ready weapon asset, aimed for modern FPS video games. I will show my working pipeline of creating hard surface high poly models in Zbrush using Live Boolean feature, then creating low poly optimized mesh in Maya.
Also I will cover my methods of unwrapping and baking techniques to make sure the final low poly model looks nice and clean.
And finally I’ll share my experience of approaching the texturing process in substance painter aimed on weapons, and will show and comment the whole process of texturing from start to finish without using any smart material
Complete Edition Content:
- 31 full HD Video Files of complete narrated process of creating game ready asset (in English)
- Zbrush scenes for high poly model
- FPS hands mesh in holding and blank poses + textures
- Maya scene for low poly model
- Substance Painter alphas
- Maya unlock normals script
- Final Substance Painter Project file
- Final Marmoset Toolbag file for all rendered images
- Marmoset Toolbag baker scene
- PSD File with bakes
- PSD File with renders
- 2 reference boards used for this tutorial
36 hours of video in MP4 1920×1080 format with full audio commentary in English. Everything is recorded and commented on in real time.
Software used in tutorial:
- Maya 2018
- Zbrush 2019
- Photoshop CS6
- Substance Painter 2018 2.1
- Rizom UV VS RS 2018.0
- Marmoset Toolbag 3.05
Usage: all educational material such as videos, images, models and textures are not for commercial use in any fashion.